Home Forums Vote Status Store

Pokebattle survey

Hi am ListerineIce #terribleadmin #formerplayer #Pikadexlover

This is a post coming from me, therefore disregard my role as an admin and staff of the server. Gonna keep this pretty short: Boomer moment When I was playing as a pokemaniac, there were tons of people battling and battling/breeding was LITERALLY the core of Pikadex but I feel like, nowadays, that has sort of decreased. The important point of this post is that I want to know what is currently driving players to continue battling and learning new strategies but also I want to know what is keeping people away from battling because I know some of you don’t really engage in the battling aspect but more so of the breeding/catching features of the Pixelmon mod, as well as Minecraft.

Below I have included a survey format. Simply copy and paste into your comment box for this post and reply with your answers.

There is no right or wrong answer and no prize out of this.

This is much appreciated to everyone willing to cooperate!

Survey format:

What is your in-game name?

How long have you been playing on the server?

Have you played Pokemon before?

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling?

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why.

If you answered no to the above question, please explain why. (Ignore this if you have answered the above question)

1 Like

What is your in-game name? DrivenHornet8

How long have you been playing on the server? i dont really remember

Have you played Pokemon before? yes

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 7

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. I do as I like to have the tags and if I do get the tags more ppl will battle with me

What is your in-game name? god of. sushi

How long have you been playing on the server? maybe a month

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 3

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. no cuz i dont like battling most of the time and im still a bit weak fr it

What is your in-game name? nemouwu123

How long have you been playing on the server?
i have 7 days and 5 hours of play time
Have you played Pokemon before?
yes
From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 4

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. no because they said they are op and i cant beat them ;-;

What is your in-game name? J0hnII

How long have you been playing on the server? Since April 9th, 2020.

Have you played Pokemon before? Yes

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 8.5

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. No, because i can’t be bothered to go through all the fuss and battles, additionally, there are always people that argue every battle about something or get salty, and honestly, it’s not worth it for me.

What is your in-game name? Due to reasons I shall not answer this.

How long have you been playing on the server? Joined in mid 2016 once or twice using a friend’s account actually started playing in early 2018.

Have you played Pokemon before? Yes I have.

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? I view myself as 8 to 8.5 at my peak (though if we’re using driv as a reference its most certainly a 10).

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. No I don’t

If you answered no to the above question, please explain why. (Ignore this if you have answered the above question) due to personal reasons I have been inactive in last couple of months though I have been thinking of coming back but its still highly unlikely.

What is your in-game name? MRLAMBOSWIFT

How long have you been playing on the server? 2 Months

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 8

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. I have battled [Elite] rank or OUC players when i feel confident

If you answered no to the above question, please explain why. (Ignore this if you have answered the above question)

What is your in-game name? YouLag

How long have you been playing on the server? Around 3-4 months i think

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 3

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. no because i suck at battling and im lazy to get a pokemon team

If you answered no to the above question, please explain why. answer above

What is your in-game name? NotThatArya

How long have you been playing on the server? 4 months

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 5

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. No

If you answered no to the above question, please explain why. (Ignore this if you have answered the above question Im bad and I dont wanna get humiliated lmao

What is your in-game name? adsam

How long have you been playing on the server? around 2-3 months, and a bit before reset

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? imo around 8 but if drivs answer as a base is what were using then 10

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. Yes, because i enjoy battling people, no matter if they are good or not because it is helpful to gain constructive criticism from my teams and i feel a sense of accomplishment when i win against a E4 member or the current OUC.

What is your in-game name? Srujan05

How long have you been playing on the server? About 4 months

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? Around 3 but considering others I’ll tell it as 6

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Nope coz I’m not into battles much and also new players just get good pokes in a week by just voting and buying perf Ha’s so It sux!

Some other suggestions I would give is:-

1. Add rule regarding selling pokes(mainly Ha’s) coz new people get it so easily just by voting for 3 days. Perks:- Gameplay experience increases and also spreading will be stopped

2. Bring back PvP coz it’s more fun. Maybe even nether PvP.

3. Reduce claimblocks given to people

4. Make ranks bit more difficult to obtain like literally everyone is pokemaniacs now

What is your in-game name? YTJ4BOT

How long have you been playing on the server? since may 2019

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? No
All the battles involved with keeping and getting the ranks are very time consuming.
Players will always be salty and make excuses if they lose. Players will also waste time by purposely waiting multiple days before accepting your challenge just so they can keep the rank for as long as possible

What is your in-game name? MMC_Dragon

How long have you been playing on the server? 2 months

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? 6

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. Yea i’ve battled a couple times for e4, mostly just for fun. And the tag looks cool.

MMC_NitDaWit

Around a month and a half

Nope except for weird ones like pokemon legends and poke go

No
I find making teams and learning all this stuff like moves and evs pretty frustrating. Also im too lazy to make a team and when i do i fail so yea ;-;
The only time i delve into the pokemon side of pikadex or core is when i use a flying pokemon.

What is your in-game name? mefleh

How long have you been playing on the server? either may 2019 or 2018 i litterly have no idea

Have you played Pokemon before? yep

From a scale of 1-10, (10 being super good at competitive Pokemon battling and 1 being very bad) how do you view yourself in terms of Pokemon battling? rn 1, peak 8

Do you actively battle [Elite] rank or OUC players? Please explain why. yep just for fun and to see how good/bad the new OUC rank and to laugh at how easy it is to get elite/OUC rank