Home Forums Vote Status Store

Add more biomes/mod features

Theres certain biomes that are not found on the server which make it impossible to get / find certain pokes.

Here’s a list a of the biomes which I never found from the last 10 months:

1. Desert M (maybe hills aswell)
  2. Extreme Hills +
  3. Redwood Taiga Hills
  4. Mega Spruce/Taiga M
  5. Mesa Bryce
  6. Mesa Plateau F, M, FM
  7. Roofed Forest M (most likely unless someone had one)
  8. Savanna M and Savanna Plateau
  9. Cold Taiga M / cold taiga hills
    Basically most hills, m, and plateau biomes.

If you know any cords of these biomes post the coordinates in the comments.

These biomes are on the server but are extremely small in size:

1. Birch Forest Hills
  2. Flower Forest
  3. Stone Beach
  4. Cold Beach

The new update has made pokes that used to spawn not spawn anymore.
For instance Volcanion used to spawn in deserts but now only spawns in Desert M and the Nether. Riolu/Lucario don’t spawn because there is no Extreme Hills + biome. Turtonator and Zeraoara can’t soawn because there is no plateau biomes in the server. Marshadow doesn’t even spawn. Some alolan pokemon have an extremely rare spawn because there is no biome that spawn them such as sandshrew.

Not to mention these biomes that were never added:

1. Nether
  2. End
  3. Ultraspace Biomes

I understand that adding in more dimensions are impossible for the server’s low memory. But there’s so many ways of adding these into the server such as adding new warps like the safari biomes are /warp park. You can change Pokémon spawning to make them spawn in already existing biomes.

Players are not able play to the fullest. Many of the new pokemon features of 7.0 can not be used because of the lack of biomes/dimensions. Nobody wants to wait for months just for a reset to get these. This and the reluctance/stinginess for adding in new things (innovation) is causing people to quit/reluctant to join back to the server.

So many other servers have done this already and I don’t know why can’t pikadex do the same.
What’s the point of playing on a server that only lets you use 50% of the mod when you can play most of it on single player or another server.

Don’t get me wrong, this is one of my favourite servers. I wouldn’t be playing for 10 months if it wasn’t lol. I don’t want to quit nor want anyone else to. But it sucks seeing old/good players leave because they can’t be able to play to the fullest or in other words have fun.

I ask the admins/owners to add these new biomes/features so us players can continue to play.

Thanks

Thank you for your suggestion.
Biomes can not simply be added and expected to work with pixelmon spawning mechanics, and changing spawn files is risky and needs rework each time pixelmon updates or changes spawning mechanism. I am hoping that reset with new vanilla map will bring new life to pokemon spawning. I’m sad that so many have quit because they got bored, but changing spawn files isn’t going to change the cycle of players starting the game, getting full of items and pokemon, reaching their achievements and getting bored. Adding content is a way to keep new players engaged, but for long-time players they will quickly go through it and get bored. I am hopeful that reset might give us more room to add Ultra Space dimension, and help extend the cycle of players.

Here are some biomes along with their coordinates that i found:
Desert M: -414 68 -1488
Savanna M: -1790 70 -4385
Extreme Hills +: -2290 54 -5133

Do admins have a list of unobtainable legendaries/biomes we can look at?

There’s a Cold Taiga M aswell, i dont remember the cords, but I’m pretty sure Luga has a claim there.